What To Pack For A Caravan Trip
Following two years of limited adventures due to the pandemic, caravan holidays are a very attractive prospect in 2022. It’s a chance to create magical memories
Whether looking to explore the UK or enjoy a European vacation, knowing what to pack for your caravan trip will vastly improve the experiences. It’ll ensure that you are safe, comfortable, and prepared for every situation and adventure. And it’ll help you save money by avoiding unnecessary purchases and rentals while you’re away.
Breaking down the caravan trip checklist into sections will make it far easier to stay on top of the preparations. Here’s everything you need to know.
Preparing your Car and Caravan
The first step of planning what to pack for a caravan trip is to ensure that your vehicle and caravan are both road trip ready. Complete the following steps and you won’t go far wrong:
- Test drive the car first to check that there are no issues with the brakes, suspension, or performance.
- Top up the fluids and inflate the tyres on your car and caravan to the desired PSI level.
- Invest (or borrow) a decent GPS sat-nav system.
- If heading to rural areas, consider an Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) so that you can be found.
- Check that the tow bar is in good condition and suitable for your vehicle and caravan before leaving.
You may additionally need to take extra precautions. For example, caravanning with an electric vehicle will also mean you should think about charging before and during your trip. Of course, all preparations should also be influenced by your chosen camping holiday destination.
Caravan Trip Essentials – The Homeware Essentials
When staying in a static caravan, the caravan park may include some of the homewares. However, when taking your own caravan, you must ensure that you have packed all of the following homewares:
- Bath towels, flannels, and bath mats.
- Bedding, which could range from pillows and duvets to sleeping bags depending on your circumstances.
- Crockery (avoid materials that could break if they fall) and cutlery, including reusable water bottles.
- Oven gloves, tea towels, and washing up liquid.
- Rubbish bags for trash, as well as food waste bags and recycling bags.
You will also need to consider gas, water, and electricity requirements. Some campsites provide them but you must conduct your research before leaving.
Camping Trip Checklist – Comfort and Entertainment
Brits took over 10 million camping trips per year prior to the pandemic and will be expected to do the same in 2022. Those destined for the greatest level of enjoyment will be the ones who pack the following campaign essentials for comfort and entertainment:
- Camping chairs, cushions, and tables, as well as windbreakers.
- Portable BBQs or stoves, especially if your caravan has no oven.
- Board games and other activities that can be enjoyed as a family.
- Electronics to keep the kids entertained, plus chargers or spare batteries.
- An awning that provides overhead coverage from the wind, sun, or rain.
It will also be necessary to pack the items needed for daily activities and adventures. This could include bicycles, fishing rods, surfboards, tennis rackets, and a host of other items. Although there will be situations where rentals are more logical
What to Pack for a Caravan Trip – Clothing and Accessories
The right clothes and accessories will provide comfort and function while additionally making you feel more confident in your style. But when thinking about what to pack for a caravan trip, you could easily forget the essentials. Be sure to have the following:
- Suitable clothing for activities like a day out at the beach, and footwear for hiking.
- Warm layers like jumpers and coats for cold evenings, and warm nightwear clothing for time spent in the caravan.
- Stylish outfits for evening meals or trips to the local town.
- Plenty of underwear, including some spares as your feet can easily get wet when exploring the great outdoors.
- Waterproof jackets and footwear.
If you are travelling for a week or longer, it may be wise to pack a portable clothes horse or washing line as well as some detergent. Beauty products and fragrances should also be packed.
Caravan Trip Planning – Safety Products
When planning a caravanning holiday, you first thoughts will be focused on your activities and enjoyment. However, it’s equally crucial to promote your safety. Securing the campervan should be the first item on your checklist. The following safety preparations should be taken:
- Pack a full first aid kit, including spare water and a spare mobile phone.
- Hand sanitiser and, if you feel it’s necessary, face masks.
- Torches or handheld items that include a flashlight.
- Gaffa tape and adhesives may be required in tough situations.
- Sun creams and any other personal protection materials you may need.
Feeling safe during your adventures will enable you to enjoy the experiences to the max. With this in mind, having the perfect caravan or motorhome should be deemed vital too. If you are planning to take many trips over the years to come, investing in a new one may be the answer. Get in touch to discover the financing options today.
Get a Quote
Lending £15,000 over 7 years with a representative APR of 6.9%, an annual interest rate of 6.9% (Fixed), would cost £217.57 per month, with a total cost of credit of £3,275.88 and a total amount payable of £18,275.88.
Rates may differ as they are dependent on individual circumstances. Subject to status.